16 March 2020
We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation continuously. We acknowledge the possibility that the congress will not go ahead as planned in September, and will make a decision in that regard in the next few weeks. Options include continue as planned, postponement (preferred, if necessary) and cancellation.
In the interim, we are holding off on the opening of registration, but at the same time we are proceeding with the review of submitted abstracts. We thank you for your patience and continued interest. We acknowledge the enormous effort of many people in planning this congress and we value the support of everyone in this difficult time including the IEA and AEA community. We will keep you informed of any schedule changes on the WCE2020 website, and through email communication to all abstract submitters and those who have previously registered their interest.
10 March 2020
In advance of the World Congress of Epidemiology, the committee is closely monitoring the evolution of the COVID-19 (Novel coronavirus) situation and is following advice from the Australian Government Department of Health and the World Health Organisation.
Planning for the Congress continues as normal. The Victorian Government and Chief Health Officer are continuing to closely monitor the situation with coronavirus and have plans in place to manage and mitigate the risks.
As the situation evolves WCE will provide regular updates and will communicate openly with all stakeholders on our website.
6 March 2020
WCE 2020 is closely monitoring the evolution of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and is following advice from the Australian Government health authorities and the World Health Organisation.
Planning for the World Congress of Epidemiology continues as normal and we will provide updates as the situation evolves.